An idyllic picnic spot with enchanting landscape of wooded hills and beautiful chhatris on the embankment of the 10.5 sq. km placid lake. A magnificent royal palace and the hunting lodge, built by Maharaja Vinay Singh in 1845 A. D. for his queen Shila stands overlooking the lake. Now converted as the Hotel Lake Palace, it offers boating and sailing facilities and is a delight for the trigger-happy photographers and film makers.
This is a wonderful picnic spot located 13 kilometers south west of Alwar. The lake covers an area of 10.5 square kilometers and is a fine spot for an excursion from Neemrana. The Lake palace was built in 1845 by Maharaja Vinay Singh for his wife. It is now a heritage hotel.