The Basilica of Bom Jesus, often called as Basilica of Good Jesus, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site situated in old Goa. Having baroque architecture, the church is India’s first minor basilica entitled to the name of infant Jesus.
A prominent religious landmark, the monument was constructed by extremist Portuguese rulers on the original site of a temple of Lord Shiva. Starting in 1594, the construction of the church was completed in May 1605. The church houses the body of St. Francis Xavier, who founded the Society of Jesus with his friend St. Ignatius Loyola.