The Jhansi Fort, located upon a rocky hill was built originally by Raja Bir Singh Ji Deo, in 1613. Today, it houses a collection of sculpture and provides an excellent insight into the eventful history of Bundelkhand.
Built in the year 1613 by Raja Bir Singh Deo, Jhansi fort is acclaimed with the accolade of a most strategically place bastions in the central part of India. Situated on a rocky summit, it commands the overall view of the city and the plains.
The fort extends to a sprawling expansion of 15 acres and this colossal structure measures about 312m in length and 225m in width. Apart from that the fort has four entrances and ten gates. On the whole, there are twenty-two supports with a mammoth strengthening wall cosseted by a moat on both sides. The shattered upholder on the eastern side was rebuild by the British, who also supplemented a floor to Panch Mahal.
Mainly divided in to three parts the fort contains so many ancient configurations. The most important constructions inside the fort are Ganesh Mandir, Baradari, Bhawani Shankar, Shahar Darwaza, Grave of Gulam Gaus Khan, Kadak bijali, Siva temple, Execution tower, Kal kothari and Panch Mahal. A living testimonial to the valor and heroism of Rani Lakshmi Bhai, the Jhansi fort offers an excellent insight into the life and bravery of a great ruler