A magnificent entry to a magnificent monument, that is Rumi Darwaza, which stands to the west of Bara Imambara. It was built in the years 1784-1786 during the reign of Asaf-ud-Duala. This 60 feet high lofty entrance shows no other supplementary fittings of wood or iron to support it from outside.
The entire pathway is brightening by the huge lantern placed on the top of the darwaza. During the Nawabi era, a huge lantern placed atop the Rumi Darwaza would light up the pathway, and spurt of water surged from the numerous fountains created on the rim of the gateway. This splendid structure is also known as Turkey Darwaza.