Manasi Ganga, the masonry tank is on the right, just as one enters the town of Govardhana. It is a large lake located in the town of Govardhana, in the centre of the Govardhana Hill. Its enclosures were built by Raja Bhagwan Das of Amer in 1637 and embellished by Raja Man Singh, who built a long flight of steps leading up, from the end of the tank.
A masonry tank prettily placed in the center of the town, Manasi Ganga bears close association with lord Krishna. The highly enclosed tank encompasses so many steps that were built by Raja Bhagwan Das and Raja Man Singh
Legend has it that this lake came in to existence by the divine intervention of the lord and so in divinity it transcends all other holy kunds. Devotees believe that a holy dip in this sacred kund would gain them divine blessings. It acquires much mythological relevance since it serves as the starting and ending point of Govardhana Parikrama.
Devoutness of the kund is found its rendering in Mathura Mahathmya in which it states that by taking a bath in Mansi Ganga one would stain the divine love of Lord Krishna. So this tank is considered to be more potent than the holy Ganges.