These ruins date back to the period of the Maratha rule. They include residential and military establishments. A massive reservoir was built further down from the forest. There is a stone tablet that names the builder as Ramrav Narayanarav Deshmukh, Mamlatdar of Danda Rajpuri, which is close to Murud Janjira in Raigad district. After the place came under the control of the British in 1818 they overthrew the Peshwa administration.