Karnataka High Court located in Bangalore is also known as Attara Kacheri, literal meaning being eighteen offices. The High Court is situated opposite to the Vidhana Soudha in Cubbon Park. The High Court was instituted in the year 1884 under the Mysore High Court Act. Till the year 1973 it was known as the Mysore High Court.
Attara Kacheri was built under the rule of Tipu Sultan. He constructed it to accommodate the expanded offices of the eighteen departments of Revenue and General Secretariat. The High Court was built in the 19th century and is in a vivid red color.