The Church of St. Alex is one of the popular tourist attractions standing on two huge towers. Located along the CHOGM Road, the church is popular for its big dome and Rococo style architecture.
Famous for its elegant interiors and decorative altars, the church was constructed in the year 1597. The church is easily accessible from any part of Calangute. This oldest surviving church in Goa was founded in 1595 by Franciscans.
The church was demolished by the locals and was re-constructed in the year 1741. The towers of this church were erected in 1765, while the sanctuary was rebuilt in 1916. A cave of Our Lady of Lourdes can also be spotted in the church yard.