Overbury's Folly is a construction half done or rather can be termed as an architectural folly. This serves now as an amusement park. This folly is situated on the hill and is adjacent to the Thalassery district court. This derived its name as Overbury, after its builder, E N Overbury.
E N Overbury was a local judge in the 1870s at Thalassery. In 1879, he wished to develop a picnic spot on the cliff but could not complete it and the spot acquired this name ‘Overbury’s folly’. Today it is a tourist attraction and it has been renovated. Even the native people enjoy relaxing here in the evenings.