Chandor is a small village around 13 km from Margao. The highlight of this village is the Menezes Braganza house which is considered the grandest of all the colonial mansions of Goa. The mansion was constructed by the affluent Braganza family in the 16th century. It is a two storey structure with 28 windows seen from the entrance itself. Once inside the mansion, you will get to see a number of furnitures and Chinese porcelain. For those with a religious bent of mind, there is the diamond encrusted toe nail of St Francis Xavier.
Dona Paula is located in the suburbs of Panaji. The village is famous for housing the National Institute of Oceanography and is around 4.7 km from Bambolim. Dona Paula was renowned as Oddavell, which was renamed after the lady called Paula, the woman of charity.
Located at the point where two rivers meet the Arabian Sea, the bay provides a view of Marmugao Harbour. Situated on a rocky, hammer shaped headland, the village has become a commercialised location for beach resorts and restaurants. Major attraction of this village is the Dona Paula Beach, which provides opportunity for enjoying various watersports.
A Tehsil of Vidisha District, Gyaraspur lies in a gorge of some low steep hills, at distance of about 38.4 km. from the district and Tehsil headquarters town to its north-east. The place is situated on the old high road to Sagar. Buses ply on the road. The extensive ruins, scattered in and around the Tehsil, narrate the story of glory that was Gyaraspur in the late ancient and early mediaeval times. These ruins indicate that the place has passed through the influence of Buddhism, Brahmanism and Jainism
Sironj, the HeadQuarters of a Tehsil of the same name is situated to the North-West of Vidisha, with which it connected by roads on which buses ply regularly. During May 1948 to October 1956, it was a district HeadQuarters town in Rajasthan State. Its nearest Railway Station Kurwai-Kethora on the Bhopal-Bina main line of Central Railway is about 48 km. from Sironj and it is connected by road. The place is also connected by roads with all the other Tehsil HeadQuarters of Vidisha District. The place is famous for the Calicos and Muslin.
About 35 km from Cooch Behar, Rajpat Mound is a place worth a visit for every tourists and especially if you are interested in history and archaeology. This protected site, managed by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is an ideal place to relive the past and browse through the glories of the bygone era. One can see the remains of a palace and some excavated artifacts and statues here. It is believed that the ancient palatial complex of Kamtapur including the early Kamteswari temple is all lying buried here.
Devinagar is in Maheshpur Block headquarters, in the south-west part of Pakur City. It comprises the remains of temples and houses that were built by the local king, Raja Udit Narayan Singh. Ruins of a tunnel which once connected Devinagar with the village of Birkitti, are still seen here.
Dharni-Pahar is located 15 km south west of the Pakur region headquarters. On the hill top, there is an old temple that is devoted to Lord Shiva. At this place, an annual fair is held on the festival of Maha Shivratri during which, one can see devotees coming from all over India to seek blessings and show reverence to Lord Shiva.